Sunday, February 28, 2016

Homemade Oreos

I was going through some college papers as I was packing up some items and found a list of recipes from the college days. I thought I would include some of them here on the blog. Since I haven't posted on it in a very long time (over two years, YIKES!).

Homemade Oreo Cookies
Ingredients:
2 Devil's food cake mixes
1-1/2 cup shortening
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Icing: 8 oz cream cheese
1 stick of butter
2 C powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Directions: 
Mix cake mixes, shortening, eggs, and vanilla together. Roll into balls and smash with a cup. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Mix together the icing. Place in the center of two cooled cookies and enjoy. 

Variations: You could use different cake mixes if you didn't want chocolate oreos. Also, adding mint to the icing and some green food coloring to dye it green. Also, you could substitute butter for the shortening.
 
Notes:  I haven't actually made this for a while, but I should. 
 
Servings: 24 cookies
Estimated Cost: $6.00
 
Source: College recipe from a friend

Nutrition Facts per serving: 230 cal., 20.7 g total fat (8.6 g sat. fat), 66mg sodium, 10.3 carbo., 1.7 g pro. Daily Values: 6% vit. A, 0% vit. C, 1% calcium, 1% iron

No comments:

Post a Comment