Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Meatballs

I had a recipe that called for frozen meatballs and after looking in the grocery store and deciding that I didn't want to spend $9 on something I probably had the ingredients to make at home I decided to look up a recipe online and try it out. I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and I liked how they turned out. We had some polish sausages left over from a barbecue so I just ground up that for the sausage.

Ingredients:
1 lb lean or extra lean ground beef
1/2 lb bulk Italian sausage
1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
3 med cloves garlic
1 scant tsp salt
1 tsp dried leaf basil
1 med onion, finely chopped
1 large egg
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons water, or as needed
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions:
1) Line a shallow baking pan with foil and oil the pan.
2) Mix ingredients and shape into 1-1/2 to 2 inch diameter meatballs.
3) Broil 8 inches away from heat for 10 minutes; turn over and broil for 10 minutes more.

No comments:

Post a Comment