Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Skinny Taco Dip

I have been on a recipe posting hiatus for quite some time (over a year). When I get busy I figure this blog is just to print off for a recipe book for when my kids go to college - and since our oldest is 6 we still have some time for that! I apologize to anyone that may be reading this blog. I have been cooking over the last year, and I have stored up recipes that need to be added to the blog. Hopefully I will get to updating more often. That is always the goal, right? Lately I have been making a lot of meals from skinnytaste. They are healthy and delicious. Here is a great recipe for a yummy snack.

Start to Finish: 15 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
  • 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
  • 16 oz jar mild salsa
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 2 cups iceberg lettuce, shredded
  • 2 large tomatoes, diced
  • 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
  • 2.25 oz black olives
Directions:

In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and taco seasoning and mix well with an electric mixer. Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish. Top with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.

Variations: You can omit any toppings you want to fit your needs.

Notes: This was very good. I am a big fan of snack foods, and this was a good alternative to the refried bean dip we usually eat. The cream cheese was a great addition to the dip. It was creamy and tasty.

Servings: 24

Estimated Price: $10.00

Source: skinnytaste.com
Nutrition Facts per serving: Calories: 59.2 • Fat: 3.6 g Protein: 2.2 g Carb: 4.7 g Fiber: 0.6 g 

No comments:

Post a Comment